Tuesday, August 21, 2007

the interviews

Neil has been in KS for the last two days for interviews at ___________. If you can believe it, he is sick as a dog. When I talked to him on the phone he sounds so congested and miserable, poor guy!

Yesterday the doorbell rang and when I got to the door a floral delivery guy was standing there holding flowers. I have learned not to get excited when that happens because the guy has been known to deliver our neighbor's flowers to us when they aren't home. So I get to the door and he asks for me! I was ready to jump up and down because flowers are a rare treat!! And guess who they were from?____________! The note said thank you for sharing your husband with us. This meant so much to me, what a blessing!

So back to the interviews . . . it is hard to say how it went based on what Neil said. You know how I am an open book and if anything, I overshare? Well, he is just much more reserved in general and it is like pulling teeth to get details from him so I have no idea what to think. He said he liked the staff a lot, he had a great time talking to the youth that were represented on the search committee. He said that one of the interviews was grueling, and they asked him some questions that stumped him (example: What is the "most creative" thing you have ever done in ministry? ;-)) He was the last of three interviews so now we just wait to see if they want to ask Neil back, and if that is where God wants us to be.

Please pray for us. Pray that His direction will be clear, pray that we will be ready and willing to go . . . or stay. Pray for their search committee, that they will have clear direction as to who would be the right person for that position. Pray for peace for us while we wait. Pray that whether we stay or go, ultimately He will lead us back home. Thanks so much, it is good to have people praying for us.

No comments: