Thursday, August 09, 2007

This week . . .

I am teaching a mom's class at VBS with my friend Hillary. It has been a lot of fun, but this week has been exhausting. Our "craft" was scrapbooking, so I have once again caught the scrapbooking bug and I just have one wee little problem. No, more than one. I need time to devote to this hobby. I need money to buy all the snazzy stuff to scrapbook with. I need creative juices, a place where the kids can't mess with my stuff, and did I mention the time to devote to it?

Right now I am watching my friend Natalie's four kids while she is out on an anniversary date with her hubby. Tonight I have a reminder of the respect and awe I have for my friends with 5, 6, and 7 + kids! I couldn't do it, and stay sane, on a regular basis! I am going to spend some extra time in prayer for you tonight! Really!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Faith - I appreciate your prayer! That was so nice of you to watch your friend's children so they could go out. I just read an article today in The Old Schoolhouse magazine about how we as modern women are so interested in getting away from our own families for free time, that we fail to bear one another's burdens the way women did in days gone by: doing wash together, quilting together, shelling peas . . . you get the picture. The point, I think, was that while time away is nice, helping one another out in practical ways helps us to encourage one another "to love our husbands and children . . ." I always feel refreshed when I am able to go out on a "date" with my husband, knowing that my children are in good hands with a caring friend. It also helps me to miss my kiddos and love up on them more when I see them again. So, thanks, on behalf of mommies everywhere! May it encourage us to practically care more for one another.

Love ya,
Maureen

P.S. Keep praying!

Faith said...

Good point about the "bearing one another's burdens". So when should we get together to do laundry and dishes? Your house or mine?(wink wink)