So our conversation went from that lovely topic to pain in general. These past couple years have been painful ones for us. Excruciatingly so at times. However, compared to the pain many people go through on a daily basis, ours seems so . . . insignificant. Have we lived sheltered lives because there has been a hedge of protection around us with prayer? I wonder that because we were both raised in Christian homes with parents in ministry where prayer was a big focus. Or is it that we are being prepared for something in the future? Perhaps we are just not "ready" yet? Because it IS an honor to go through hard times in order to glorify God, I do get that. When I look at women who have been through so much and still glorify God . . . take Michele Anthony for example. I want to be like her! But am I willing to suffer through all that she has been through? I am not so sure about that, in all honesty. It is as if I want the results produced without going through the pain . . . which is immature, unrealistic, and just plain silly.
Romans 5:3-5
Not only so, but we rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance, perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.
No comments:
Post a Comment