Like most people, I like having a plan of action. I have been telling God that I am fine with whatever His plan is for us, whether we stay here or move . . . I just want him to tell me what that plan is! I have struggled with the unknown, and He is showing me that THAT is right where He wants me to be, resting in the unknown. That is so hard for me!!
He is teaching me that He is indeed directing our paths, and I need to be okay with that. When we were looking at ___________, I "knew" that was where we were going, I "knew" it was the perfect fit for us, we bounded straight into that church. Yes, there were red flags. I ignored them because I "knew" it was right. I wanted it to be right. You know what God has shown me? My way is not the right way. I am not as smart as I think I am. ;-)
We have had this idea of where we want to be, church wise. When we have looked at this other church Neil is interviewing with, __________, it is not what we want. Not what feels good, looks good, feels comfortable. So I was telling all of this to my friend Aminah and she said, "You know that is probably where God will send you, right?" I laughed. I do suspect that what she is saying is true. God wants me to trust him in every situation, even the ones where I don't "like" it. Interestingly, whenever I do trust Him I always end up being more satisfied that when I do it my way.
Neil flies to this interview on Aug 20-22. Please keep us in your prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment