Gots to share with you about my day today. I was a bit nervous today about driving to Baltimore, MD. My friend and one of my business partners, Lisa, drove with me. I wasn't sure how the weather would be but it turned out to be just fine, thankfully! We left about 10am and only had one minor hitch with getting a little sidetracked somewhere near Lancaster. Got to the place just fine around 1pm. Did I mention my hostess and new business builder and I share a name? Yes, indeed, her name is also Faith!
We arrived to her house with time to spare before the party started at 2pm. As I was walking in I looked down and saw that my Subway lunch in the car managed to get mustard all over my new snazzy Old Navy scarf! Yahoo for the Shout wipes in my purse, and yahoo for my mom for putting them in my stocking at Christmas! Yes, I am 35 we still do Christmas stockings with my mom and dad . . . another story for another time! Anyway- back to the show. She had about 12 guests in attendance, and it was so much fun. Most of these women were from her church, and they were fabulous. It was my first time meeting Faith in person, and I didn't know what to expect so I was pleasantly surprised. She was so very nice! It was such fun to do her presentation, and the best part was that in addition to great sales, she got FIVE bookings. Yes, FIVE! If you are not in the world of homeshows, this may not be as meaningful to you so let me just assure you . . . that is awesome news. So I am thrilled for her to be off to a great start with her new business. As we were preparing to leave, literally packing up the car at 4:35pm, we see three more guests coming in the house. So what did we do? We unpacked and did another presentation, this time--speed style! At the end of it, we had three more bookings. Yes, this party had EIGHT bookings, whoohoo! I love a good show. :-) We buzzed through it and practically ran out of the house, cause we wanted to get home before it was too late.
As we were driving home, about 30 minutes into the drive, we got a phone call from Faith, telling me I had forgotten on of my bags at her house. It happened to be one that had most of my products in it, so I got no choice but to turn around and head back. She offered to meet me halfway. We get off the highway, and turn what in the end was the wrong direction. Traffic was behind us, traffic in front. We decide to turn around in someone's driveway, so we are waiting for a space in the traffic. Lisa starts pressuring me, "Go now faith" "Go"... "Cmon Faith, now"... I hate pressure when driving! So I finally say, "okay do I have enought time?" She says, "yes, go." So I turn the wheel fast and turn into someone's driveway *** Well, no, I manage to HIT THEIR MAILBOX AND KNOCK IT OVER!! Not the whole thing, just the top part (not that that makes it better) I was ready to cry. Cars are honking, people looking. .. .Lisa laughing . . . me about to cry . . .
I sat for a minute to figure out what to do. Lisa gets out and looks at the car, the mailbox... not a big deal, she says. I humbly walk up to do door and start knocking. And knocking. Looking around. See the TV on, knock on the window, but no one is coming. What to do? Okay, now in retrospect I probably should have written a note or something? But I didn't think that through, just kept knocking. No one came, so finally I went back to the car and said, "Well, I tried?!" and then we drove away shamefully. So if you are in Baltimore, MD and your mailbox top is nicely sitting next to your mailbox post. It was me. I am the culprit. And I am really sorry about that.
The best part of my day? Driving home with Lisa. We had the best spiritual conversation, she asked me a lot of questions that made me think. I love conversations like that. Ones that are filled with purpose. Ones that are about deep issues, like what we believe and why we believe it.
No comments:
Post a Comment