Monday, February 18, 2008

A great loss

Yesterday was a sad day. I was home with Ava in the morning and when Neil came home from church yesterday he told me that some friends of ours from church lost their oldest son the night before in a car accident. I think he was 19 or 20yo? My heart breaks for them, and what they are going through right now. If you think of it, please pray for Dave and Liz and their other three boys.

It really makes you think doesn't it, when someone passes away? I want to hold my kids forever. I want to love on them and stop time. The little details in life, the things that annoy me, the messy house, the fact that when I go into my boys room somedays and I can't even see the floor, the teasing and arguing between the kids. In the big scheme of things, I would take all of it, the nitpicking even . . . just to have them in my life longer.

Go hug someone you love today! <3

No comments: