Thursday, February 07, 2008

Leader's Retreat





{Stopping at one of my favorite stores on the way . . .}

This weekend Neil and I are off to Ocean City, NJ for a youth leaders retreat. My mom was able to come in and watch our kids so I can go. I have had the best year ever, as far as youth ministry goes. So far I have been to every retreat and I have only missed a couple Wednesday nights due to sick kids. Whoohoo, I love that. My small group of eighth graders are moving on to high school next year, which makes me so sad. I feel like it is just part of youth ministry in general, but more specifically middle school ministry. That is, you bond and then get to watch them from afar as they mature more in the high school. It is bittersweet. Love watching them continue to grow, mature, and deepen their relationships with friends and Christ. Yet sad that others have taken my place (and rightfully should) as their leaders and mentors. On the other hand, I get a whole new batch of girls to get to know. And so it goes!

No comments: